Czech Republic

When traveling abroad, the statutory entry requirements for pets are to observe daylight saving time is time also for our four-legged friends! Who wants to ride the dog or the cat in the holiday, should carefully plan this and important precautions before the trip. This applies especially for trips abroad, because for entry to other countries the statutory entry requirements for pets are to be observed. has brought together the most important provisions for you: travel within the EU who travels with his animal within Europe, the EU entry requirements apply to the principle according to the EU regulation 998 / 2003. This regulation applies to dogs, cats and ferrets and is intended to prevent the introduction and spread of rabies. Any animal that is within the EU on trips or travels outside the European Union into the European Union, which in an international passport (issued by the veterinary surgeon) required a valid rabies protection therefore can be demonstrated. But what means valid rabies protection”? For the primary vaccination against rabies, the animals must be at least three months old. The vaccination is not valid if it was carried out at least 21 days prior to arrival. Both first-time immunizations and booster shots vaccination applies to the time period indicates the vaccine manufacturers for a repeat vaccination.

Also, each animal must be identified by a microchip or a tattoo. The identification number must be entered in the Passport, so that this clearly can be assigned to the individual animal. For newly featured animals, the microchip is mandatory since July 3, 2011. The EU entry requirements apply to the following countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, United Kingdom, Cyprus. Please note, that in some EU countries about the EU regulation also usatzliche visa requirements apply z animals so further investigations, a previous worming or a health certificate of the veterinarian may be required.